The Iron Daughter  - Julie Kagawa In reality, 2.5. Am giving it a chance because the series have barely started. It would have been two stars only if not for the finale and Ironhorse.The first part did not flow smoothly. I liked the slow romantic development in the first book. But here, it was ruined. They haven't really progressed much, yet Meghan keeps talking like her and Ash have been in a commited relationship for a while. Which they weren't. They barely developed attraction towards the end of the first book. Love triangle didn't surprise me (Duh. It's YA.), and it was reasonably well done. But Meghan reacts over-dramatically and not very realistically sometimes. Teenage hormones or no, she is too attached in too short a time. When the second part and adventure kicks in, it gets better. As long as heroine doesn't think or talk too much, that is. I think this book might have been better off written in third person.I also didn't like the way Meghan's ability to control iron was handled. Okay, it was supposed to be a big reveal, but she doesn't dwell on it at all - despite the fact that her normal glamour doesn't work. And it still gets ignored, even after the reveal. But the strength of this series is in side characters. Grimalkin was the highlight of the first, and Ironhorse owns this one.While the world building is all right, I wish glamour was better explained.Well, my mercy extends only so far. If the next book doesn't improve...